Dry Eyes Treatment
Dry, itchy eyes or Dry Eye Syndrome is the most common complaint that eye doctors hear from patients.
Canadians, of both genders, of all ages, and from all racial backgrounds experience mild-to-severe symptoms of dry, itchy eyes.
Dry Eyes Treatment starts systemically tracing out the deficiencies and suggesting the right nutrients to improvise the condition of dry eyes with nutrients like vitamin A, C, D, E, B6, Magnesium, DHA & GLA, and mucopolysaccharides.
Dry Eye Causes:
The natural ageing process, side effects of certain drugs like antihistamines, diseases that lessen our ability to produce tears, like Sjogren’s syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, and collagen vascular diseases. Also, problems that allow your eyelids to close the way they should.
The dry eyes symptom is also indicative of digestive imbalances, autoimmune diseases like Sjogren’s syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis or lupus erythematosus.
Symptoms also include irritation, dryness, burning, grittiness, difficulty reading for more extended periods of time, but in some cases, excessive watering or tearing.
Dry Eyes Symptoms &Treatment:
All the above symptoms can be treated with the best and advanced treatments available currently in the market now.
Usage of artificial tears is one of the remedies that an ophthalmologist suggests or prescribes using for Dry Eyes Treatment.
Avoid applying artificial tears more than 5 or 6 times a day or tears which contain preservatives. Always use preservative-free artificial tears which ensure safety to the eyes.
How To Cure Dry Eyes Permanently & Naturally:
Apart from the treatments prescribed for dry eyes by an ophthalmologist, there are also simple home remedies for dry eyes.
One of the simple home remedies for dry eyes is the application of warm compresses on the eyes and massaging the eyelids.
Application of coconut oil to reduce the symptoms of dry eyes is one of the natural and highly efficient when compared to all other remedies.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure!
There are few tips that one can quickly follow to avoid the situation of dry eyes:
1. Try avoiding a hairdryer for drying wet hair.
2. In winters, avoid spending time in rooms which are warm to hot. Instead, use a humidifier which adds moisture to the air.
3. Wear wrap-around glasses in outdoors which protects your eyes from dry winds.
4. Add foods containing omega-3 fatty acids to your diet, such as salmon, tuna, sardines, trout and flaxseeds. Omega-3 fatty acids can be added as a dietary supplement like a pill or tablet.
5. Usage of artificial tear ointment or thick eye drops before going to bed can prevent you from waking up with dry and scratchy eyes.
6. Do not wear contact lenses for the more extended period. Remove while you are sleeping.
7. Do not sit in front of the computer staring it for longer times.
The prevention techniques mentioned above help to avoid dry eyes or any other symptoms which would infect your eyes.
If you are affected by dry eyes or any other disturbing signs, please contact a nearby ophthalmologist immediately for advice.
Dr. Camilo Garzon
1962 Rymal Road East Unit 1
Hamilton, Ontario L0R 1P0, Canada